According to all accounts, Shiny Pokemon trainers are better off raising eggs than searching for them. Hunting Wild Pokemon has a host of benefits that aren’t available through other shiny hunting methods, such as square sparkles and marks. The mark is a unique feature that Pokemon can have. They can also be given custom titles so that they appear when they are needed in battle. Look no further if you are looking for the best way hunt Wild Shiny Pokemon!
There are three types of hunts that you can choose from: strong spawns and static encounters. Strong spawns are fully-evolved Pokemon that you will find in the overworld, such as the Snorlax at Motostoke Riverbank. You can seethese Pokemon once you’ve done so. It’s locked in, meaning that if it doesn’t shine, it will never be shiny again. Shiny hunters who want to catch a strong spawn should keep a distance from the Pokemon to ensure that it is shiny, then reopen the game to reopen it.
You can find static spawns in Pokemon such as Terrakion and Terrabalion. If you are interested in hunting Spiritomb, we have an extensive guide! If you encounter the Pokemon, then run away from it if it isn’t shiny and set up Pokemon Camp. You can quit immediately to get the static encounter back!
There are also grass encounters that can lead to many potential targets. Let’s suppose you are hunting for a shiny Nikit — to get the highest possible shiny rate, it is important that you KO as many as you can. Anubis says that the greater number of wild Pokemon you KO,, the greater chance that a Brilliant Pokemon will reveal itself as Shiny. Brilliant Pokemon have a yellow aura flare and a 3% chance of spawning if you KO 100 Pokemon. As you KO more Pokemon, your chances of a Brilliant Pokemon being Shiny increase. It’s confusing,but that’s the way it works! The Shiny Charm increases your chances of getting a Shiny Pokemon.
Parties & Hunting
You’ll want to make sure you have enough Poke Balls, and other healing items before you go hunting. It’s great if you can get your hands on PP-restoring products. You can also visit the Pokemon Center to get your Pokemon’s PP restored. It would be a good idea to hatch a male Ralts using the Hypnosis egg movement to evolve into Gallade. This way you can level it up, teach it moves such as Thunder Wave, False Swipe and Heal Pulse.
Serebii’s Pokedex can help you find the location of your desired Pokemon if you are going to hunt for grass encounters. Keep in mind that certain conditions may limit the availability of certain Pokemon in certain areas, such as the Wild Area, Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra. Some days of the year have a particular type of weather. Below is a complete listing of all weather conditions and the day to which you will need to travel:
- Fog appears in the Wild Area on September 1, June 1, and February 29. It is found on the Isle of Armor, January 15, October 15, and the Crown Tundra, July 31.
- Intense sunlight appears in the Wild Area on July 1, August 1, and the Isle of Armor April 15, June 15, or December 25, respectively, and does notappear anywhere in the Crown Tundra any particular day.
- The Wild Area appears on May 1; the Isle of Armor is March 15 and September 15; and the Crown Tundra is April 30 and December 31.
- Weather with overcastweather is seen in the Wild Area on the 1st of March, in the Isle of Armor between February 15 and November 15, as well as in the Crown Tundra between March 31 and October 31.
- Rain appears in the Wild Area from October 1, and on the Isle of Armor from April 15, June 15, and Dec 25, respectively. It does not appear in the Crown Tundra at any particular time.
- Sandstormsappear on April 1 in the Wild Area. They are not found on the Isle of Armor, or in the Crown Tundra on any particular day.
- Snowappears in the Wild Area on December 1, December 25, and the Crown Tundra, on June 30, and September 30, respectively. It does not appear on the Isle of Armor.
- Snowstormsappear on the Wild Area on February 1 and in the Crown Tundra February 31 and December 30. They are not seen on the Isle of Armor.
- Thunderstormsbrew in the Wild Area on November 1 and on the Isle of Armor July 15 and August 15. They are not found in the Crown Tundra.
You don’t need to worry about weather if you are hunting for a particular Pokemon that only appears on one route. They will always encounter the same Pokemon no matter how wild it is. You can also change the properties and spawn rates of certain Pokemon, depending on which one you have in your first slot. Here is a complete list:
- Arena Trap and Illuminate increase your chances of encountering Pokemon in wildgrass.
- The Compounded Eyes and Super Luckabilities increase your chances of a Wild Pokemon holding an item.
- A Pokemon with Cute Char is a male Pokemon. This increases your chances of finding a female Pokemon. It doesn’t work with Pokemon without a gender
- Hustle and Pressure, and Vital Spirit will all increase the number of Wild Pokemon that you find.
- Infiltrator and Stench, White Smoke,and Quick Feetdecrease wild encounter rates by 50%. This is a lot! Make sure your leader Pokemon does not have any of these abilities.
- Synchronize causes all Wild Pokemon to have the exact same nature as the Pokemon that has Synchronize. This can be used to your advantage if Nature Mints are not needed.
- Flash Fireincreases Fire-type Pokemon’s spawn rates. Harvest also increases Grass types, Lightning Rod, Static and Electric increase Electric-types respectively, Magnet Pull increases steel-types and Storm Drain increases water-types
You can see that there are many details here. It might take some time for you to prepare for your hunt. But it will all be worth the effort. One final tip: It’s best to hunt for grass-type Pokemon while you walk, and not on your bicycle. This will give you more control of your character.
Wild Shiny Pokemon can have marks, as mentioned previously. The type of mark that a Pokemon can make depends on the weather conditions and the time of day. However, there are certain marks that do not require specific weather conditions or times. The Mark Charm can be used to increase your chances of catching Wild Pokemon with a particular mark. This is done by completing the Isle of Armor Pokedex. For a complete list of marks, click here!
Another thing to note is that Wild Shiny Pokemon almost always shines with square-shaped sparkles. This could be due to a glitch. Only 1/16 of Shiny Pokemon should have square sparkles and the rest should have regular star sparkles. Instead, 4095Wild Shiny Pokemon’s square-shaped sparkles will be used. You are extremely fortunate if you manage to catch a Wild Shiny Pokemon that has star-shaped sparkles.
Also, keep in mind that the Shiny Charm does not apply to certain Pokemon. This means that these hunts are full-odds hunts regardless of whether or not you like them. You can’t KO Legendary Titans over and over to increase their shiny rate; it is locked at 1 in 496 regardless of what you do.
Once you have decided on your target, you can start grinding until you find a Shiny Pokemon. Although it might take some time, since wild shiny hunting may be the slowest methodin the game, the excitement of seeing a Shiny Sawk just slightly more purple than the regular version is unbeatable. I wish you all the best! You can read our shiny hatching guide if you have trouble finding a Shiny Pokemon for a while. Have fun hunting!