Hey there! Did you know the Apple Photos app is like a magician’s hat? It’s packed with cool tricks. You can lock your secret photos using your face or fingerprint, make the background of photos disappear, and even turn Live Photos into funny GIFs. But here’s the fun part – you can also make a video play over and over again!
Ever had a funny or sweet video that you just couldn’t watch once? Like that time when you and your friends did that silly dance or when your pet did something super cute? Well, the Apple Photos app lets you loop those moments so you can relive them as many times as you want. If you’ve got an iPhone or iPad with iOS 17, I’m going to show you how to use this amazing loop feature.
Loop a Video in iOS iOS 17 on iPhone and iPad
Remember when I said the Apple Photos app has cool tricks? Well, here’s one more for you! Did you know that you can make a video play again and again, non-stop, on your iPhone or iPad? And guess what? It doesn’t matter if you took the video yourself or got it from somewhere else online. This trick works like a charm!
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Video Looping Fun
1. Open Up Your Photos App First, grab your iPhone or iPad and tap on the Photos app. It’s the one with the colorful flower.
2. Find That Awesome Video Scroll through your photos and videos and tap on the video you want to play on loop. It might be that super funny one or the one that just makes you smile every time.
3. Look for Those Three Little Dots On the top-right corner of the screen, you’ll see a triple-dot icon (it kinda looks like “•••”). Give it a tap!
4. Time for a Slideshow! A drop-down menu will appear. Tap on the word “Slideshow” from the list.
5. Dive into Options You’ll see an “Options” button on the bottom right. Yep, you guessed it – tap on that!
6. Turn on the Magic Loop You’ll notice a switch next to the word “Repeat”. Slide that switch on to get the video to play over and over again.
7. Seal the Deal with “Done” Now, don’t forget the last step! Tap on the “Done” button at the top right. And… drumroll… Your video will start looping, playing again and again!
Enjoy the Repeated Fun! And there you go! Now you can watch that special moment as many times as you want.
How to Stop a Video from Looping or Playing Repeatedly in the Photos app
Okay, so maybe you’ve had enough of the endless loop and want your video to play just once. No worries! Here’s how you can put a stop to the looping action in the Photos app.
Quick Steps to Unloop Your Video
1. Tap “Done” to Pause the Loop To stop the video from playing over and over, look for the “Done” button. It’s right there at the top left corner of the screen. Give it a tap!
2. Dive Back into Options Want to make sure your video doesn’t loop the next time you play it? Let’s go into the settings. If you don’t see the “Options” button at the bottom right, just tap anywhere on the screen. It’s a bit shy and might be hiding. Once you see it, tap on “Options”.
3. Turn Off the Magic Loop Remember the “Repeat” switch from before? This time, turn it off. Slide the switch next to “Repeat” to the left.
4. Confirm Your Choice Lastly, tap on the “Done” button at the top right. It’s like saying, “Yep, I’m sure about this!”