Hey there! Have you ever noticed how people can draw a line right through their text in documents and wondered how they do it? This cool feature is called strikethrough, and it’s super handy in a bunch of different writing programs, like Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
You might be sitting there with your iPhone, thinking, “Can I do this cool strikethrough thing when I’m sending an email or jotting down a quick note on my phone?” Well, I’ve got some great news for you – yes, you absolutely can!
And the best part? You can find this nifty strikethrough option right where all the other text magic happens – where you make words bold, give them a little italic flair, or underscore them with an underline. Ready to dive in and learn how to do it? Let’s get started!
How to Use Strikethrough in Emails on My iPhone
Alright, let’s dive into how you can use strikethrough in your emails when you’re using your iPhone. It’s a pretty simple process, and I’m going to walk you through it step by step.
- Get Started: First things first, you’ve got to open up the Mail app. It’s probably right there on your home screen.
- Create a New Message: Tap on the button to start a new email. You know, the little pen and paper icon.
- Type Your Message: Now, go ahead and type out your email like you normally would. Put all your thoughts down in the email’s body.
- Select Your Text: Found a word or phrase you want to strike through? Double-tap on it to highlight it.
- Find the Formatting Options: Look above your keyboard, and you should see a button that looks like Aa. Tap on that.
- Strikethrough Time: Now, all you have to do is look for the strikethrough icon (it usually looks like a T with a line through it) and tap on it. Bam! You’ve just added strikethrough to your text.
How to Draw a Line Through Text in an Email on an iPhone 11 (Guide with Pictures)
Ready to learn how to draw a line through your text in an email? Perfect, you’re in the right place. Don’t worry if you have a newer iPhone model or if your iOS version is more up-to-date; these steps will still work for you. So, whether you have an iPhone 13 running iOS 15 or something else, you’re good to go!
- Open Mail: Find the Mail app on your home screen and give it a tap to open it up.
- Start a New Email: Look at the bottom-right of your screen, and you’ll see a button to compose a new email. It looks like a little pen inside a square. Tap it!
- Type Your Message: Now, tap inside the area where you write your email and start typing out your message.
- Select Your Text: Found a word you want to strike through? Double-tap on it to select the whole word. If you want to select more, use the blue sliders to adjust your selection.
- Access Formatting Options: On the gray bar right above the keyboard, there’s a button that looks like Aa. That’s what you need, so go ahead and tap on it.
- Strike Through: You’re almost there! Now, just find and tap the strikethrough button (it might look like a T with a line through it) to add that cool line through your selected text.
More Information on How to Put a Line Through Text on iPhone
So we’ve talked about how to add strikethrough to your text on iPhone, but you might be wondering, “When would I actually use this?” Great question! Strikethrough is one of those features that’s not super common, but when you use it right, it can really make your message stand out.
Strikethrough in Different Scenarios
When You’re Part of a Team: Imagine you’re in an email thread with your colleagues, and you’re all working through a list of tasks. When someone completes a task, they can just strike it through. That way, everyone can see what’s done and what still needs attention. If you’re familiar with how to strikethrough text in Outlook, you’ll find this super helpful.
For Editing Documents: Or let’s say you’re helping a friend edit their paper on Google Docs. Instead of deleting text you think should be cut, you can cross it out. This lets your friend see your suggestions and decide whether to keep them or not. Knowing how to cross out words in Google Docs can be a real game changer for collaborative editing.
Making Your Messages Stand Out
Using strikethrough in your written communications, especially if you’re someone who writes a lot of emails, takes notes, or creates documents on your iPhone, can really take your messages to the next level. It adds an extra layer of meaning, showing not just what you’re saying, but how you’re saying it.
For Regular Communicators: If strikethrough is a tool you find yourself using in other apps, you’ll definitely want to know how to use it on your iPhone. It becomes part of your communication style, and it can make your messages clearer and more impactful.
For Effective Communication: In short, knowing how to put a line through text on your iPhone is more than just learning another tech trick; it’s about making your communication as effective and expressive as possible. So go ahead, give it a try, and see how strikethrough can change the way you text, email, and note-take on your iPhone!
Wrapping Up: Mastering Strikethrough on Your iPhone
And there we have it, folks! We’ve covered a lot of ground today, diving into the world of strikethrough and discovering how this cool little feature can add a whole new dimension to your texts, emails, and notes on your iPhone.
Remember, strikethrough is more than just drawing a line through text. It’s a unique way to communicate, helping you show changes, suggestions, or progress in a clear and visual way. Whether you’re collaborating on a project, editing a document, or just want to make your messages stand out, strikethrough is a handy tool to have in your arsenal.
We walked through the steps on how to use strikethrough in the Mail app, and we saw that it’s not just limited to iPhone 11 or iOS 13.4; it works on newer models and iOS versions too. So no matter what iPhone you’re using, you can jump right in and start using strikethrough in your emails and other apps.
Now that you know how to cross out text on your iPhone, you’re all set to take your written communication to the next level. Use it to make your emails clearer, your notes more expressive, and your documents more collaborative.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with strikethrough and find new ways to make it work for you. It’s a small feature, but as we’ve seen today, it can make a big difference. Happy texting, and enjoy making your mark with strikethrough on your iPhone!