So, you’ve been jamming out on TikTok, right? Those quick, snappy videos that everyone’s talking about. And you thought, “Wouldn’t it be cool to watch them on my big TV?” If you’re a Roku user, you might have noticed that the Roku channel store doesn’t have TikTok. Bummer, right? But don’t worry, I’ve got some tricks up my sleeve to help you out.
How to get TikTok on Roku using a smartphone [easy steps]
Wanna watch those catchy TikTok videos on your big Roku TV? I’ve got you covered. Here’s an easy-to-follow guide on how you can do just that using your smartphone. And guess what? I’ve split it up for both Android and iPhone users.
How to watch TikTok on Roku via Android smartphones
- Connect Both Devices to WiFi: First things first, make sure both your Android smartphone and your Roku are connected to the same WiFi. It’s like setting up a party and making sure everyone’s in the same room!
- Let’s Set Up Roku:
- Click on Home on your Roku remote.
- Head over to Settings.
- Choose System.
- Find Screen Mirroring and click on it.
- Set the option to Always Allow. This is like telling Roku, “Hey, I’m cool with my phone joining the party!”
- TikTok Time:
- If you haven’t already jumped on the TikTok train, now’s your chance. Head to the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for TikTok, download, and install it. Don’t forget to set up your account!
- Connect Your Phone to Roku:
- Swipe down from the top of your phone screen to reveal the notification panel.
- Tap on Screen Mirroring.
- Your Roku should show up on the list. Tap on it to connect.
- Play and Watch: Once you’re connected, whatever you see on your phone will show up on your Roku TV. So, open up TikTok, play your fave video, and enjoy watching it on the big screen!
Stay tuned for the iPhone method coming up next! 🍏
How to cast TikTok to Roku via iOS Smartphones
- Same WiFi, Please!: Make sure your iPhone (or iPad) and your Roku are partying on the same WiFi network.
- Tweak Those Roku Settings:
- Grab your Roku remote and hit the Home button.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Apple AirPlay and Homekit.
- Turn AirPlay to On. (It’s like giving your Roku the green light to chat with your iPhone!)
- Set the Require Code option to First Time Only. This just makes sure you’re not always typing in a code every time you want to connect.
- Is TikTok on Your iPhone Yet?:
- If TikTok’s already living on your phone, give it a quick update.
- If not, head over to the App Store, search for TikTok, download, install, and sign up or log in.
- Let’s Connect:
- Swipe into the Control Center on your iPhone. (For most iPhones, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen.)
- Spot the Screen Mirroring option? Tap on it.
- You’ll see a list of devices. Find your Roku and tap on it.
- Code Time: Roku will flash a code on your TV. Type that code into your iPhone when prompted.
- Play and Enjoy!: Now that your iPhone and Roku are best buddies, open TikTok, play a video, and it will magically show up on your Roku TV. Dance, laugh, or just chill watching your favorite TikToks on the big screen!
How to watch TikTok on Roku using a Laptop/Computers
So, you’re more of a laptop person? No worries! Whether you have a neat little laptop or a giant desktop, you can still enjoy your TikToks on Roku. And guess what? I’ve got you covered whether you’re rocking Windows or chilling with a MacBook.
How to Get TikTok on Roku via Windows Laptop
If you’ve got a Windows laptop or computer by your side, here’s how you can get the TikTok groove on your Roku TV:
- Join the Same WiFi Party: Ensure both your Windows device and your Roku are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Quick Shortcut Time:
- On your Windows keyboard, press Windows + K together. This combo is like a magic spell that brings up the Cast option.
- Spot Your Roku:
- In the Cast window, you’ll see a list of devices. Look for your Roku and click on it.
- See Your Windows on Roku: Once connected, what’s on your Windows screen will also show up on your Roku TV. It’s like they’re mirror twins!
- TikTok Time!:
- Open up the Chrome browser on your Windows device.
- Head to the official TikTok site. (Just search for TikTok on Google if you’re unsure.)
- Log in to your TikTok account.
- Find your jam — that one video you can’t get enough of — and play it. Voila! You’ll see it dancing its way on your Roku TV.
MacBook users, hang tight! Your guide’s coming up next! 🍎🖥️
How to Get TikTok on Roku via MacBook
- WiFi Connection Check: Before we start, make sure both your MacBook and Roku are hanging out on the same WiFi network.
- Hello, Control Center:
- Look at the top-right corner of your MacBook’s screen. See the Control Center icon? Click on it! It’s your gateway to many of your MacBook’s cool features.
- Mirror, Mirror:
- Within the Control Center, you’ll see a Screen Mirroring option. Click on it.
- A list will pop up with devices ready to mirror your MacBook’s screen. Find your Roku and click on it. They’re now linked!
- Browser Time:
- Open up your favorite browser on your MacBook. Safari, Chrome, Firefox – whichever you like!
- Head over to the official TikTok website. It’s where all the magic videos are stored.
- Let the Fun Begin:
- Once you’re on the TikTok site, log in to your account.
- Search up that catchy video (or maybe that new dance challenge everyone’s talking about) and hit play.
- And just like that, your Roku TV will be playing the TikTok video! It’s as if your MacBook and Roku are sharing secrets.
Wrapping Things Up 🎉
Well, there you have it! We dived deep into the world of “How to get TikTok on Roku,” and hopefully, you found this guide as breezy as a dance on TikTok. Gone are the days of scratching your head over how to watch those addictive TikTok vids on Roku.
Right now, casting from your smartphone or laptop is the way to go. But hey, who knows? Maybe in the not-so-distant future, Roku will surprise us with a TikTok app right in their channel store. Until then, keep casting and keep dancing! 🕺💃📺
Remember, tech changes all the time. So, stay tuned for updates, and maybe next time you won’t even need this guide. Cheers to more TikTok fun on the big screen! 🥳📺📱💻🎶