This is the time of year that a new Call of Duty game is released. It’s called Vanguard. This game is a major departure from Cold War, which focuses mainly on old-age weaponry. The game was released during closed beta. It was so messed up that textures felt blurry and gunplay was awkward. It seems that all of this has been fixed with the official release.
There are many problems with AAA titles today. It is amazing how much difference there is in every computer. There are bound to be problems, but there is no need to panic. You can rest assured that developers will take care of these issues as they are active on social media as well as forums like Reddit.
Season 2 Update: Users have reported issues like keyboard/mouse delay, low FPS and frustration with the game. This article has been updated with a section on Windows 11.
Let’s not get bogged down in the game. Let’s discover what is causing these problems and how to fix them.
Fix High Latency or Network Lag in Call of Duty Vanguard
You must first determine what is causing the delay. Low-end hardware, incorrect settings or network problems can all cause lag (which was what happened in my case).
Update: We have a solution for the High Latency problem. Go to Graphics > Game Settings and disable “On Demand Texture Streaming”. You should now be able to restart your game.
It is easy to fix network problems. It’s as easy as fixing your internet connection. This may sound absurd, but it’s really that simple. Let’s make sure that everything is working properly from your side.
- You should make sure that there aren’t any bandwidth-consuming apps on your computer
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect directly
- Try disabling Wifi for a time to see if performance improves
- Make sure you ping!
- Restart your router
These are some things you can do if you experience network-related lag.
Please continue reading this article if you have questions about Performance.
Fix Call of Duty Vanguard Lag
These are some basic tips that can help you improve your gaming performance.
Modify the graphic card settings
These settings are for Nvidia and AMD graphics card users. Use them to get the best performance.
For Nvidia Customers
- Nvidia’s Control Panel is open. Right-click on desktop > click Nvidia control panel
- Click Manage 3D Settings > Programm Settings
- If the game is not on the list, you can manually add it by searching “COD Vanguard”.
- Make the following changes now:
Monitor Tech GSync (If Available)
Maximum Pre-rendered Frames: 2
Threaded optimization On
Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
Texture Filtering- Quality: Performance
For AMD Users
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Anti-aliasing Method: Multisampling
- Morphological Filtering Off
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Use application settings
- Texture Filtering: Performance
- Surface Optimization
- Wait for V-sync: Off
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader cache: AMD optimized
- Tesselation mode: Use override to modify application settings
- Maximum Tesselation Level: Off
- GPU Workload Graphics
- Chill – Off
- Frame rate Target Control Disabled
These settings should be sufficient for you. You can also tweak the priority settings to increase FPS.
Update Device Drivers
Nvidia is well-known for pushing the most optimized updates to ensure that new games arrive, especially AAA titles. AMD is something I don’t know about because I have never used one. Here are the links to download the latest drivers.
- Nvidia Drivers. Download
- AMD Drivers Download
Tone down game settings
For every game, it is best to reduce the settings if you feel like your game is slowing down. You can play around with the settings and reduce shadows and textures. This should improve your game.
Disable Discord in-game overlay
If Discord is something you use, I recommend that you make some changes. Discord overlay is one such thing. It’s not something you really need all the time. The overlay is useless to me as I have a 2-monitor setup. It has been known to cause FPS-related problems.
Disable Hardware Acceleration In Discord
- Open Discord
- Click on User Settings > Appearance
- Click on the Hardware Acceleration radio to turn it off.
Disable Discord In-Game Overlay
- Open Discord
- Under App Settings, go to Overlay
- This will disable it by clicking on the “Enable In-Game Overlay” button.
Turn off Game Mode & Game Bar (Win 10)
Windows claims that Game mode optimizes all windows processes and windows updates. If you enable the game mode, it will allow you to run games while optimizing windows. This is not true. Game bar has been known to cause FPS issues. It’s best to disable it if you’re not using it. Shadowplay by Nvidia is better for recording game clips.
- Click Start > Settings > Gaming
- Set the Game Bar to “Record screenshots and game clips and broadcast using Gamebar” to off
- Go to the Captures tab and set the “Record my background while I play a game” option to Off.
- Finally, click on Game Mode tab to turn it off.
Fix COD Vanguard Lagging in Windows 11
These steps apply only to Windows 11 users.
Disable Core-Isolation in Windows 11
Core Isolation, a new feature in Windows 11, protects your computer from untrusted drivers and applications. Performance is the trade-off. This isn’t going to be an issue if you don’t download from untrusted websites.
How to disable it:
- Select settings by clicking on the Start Menu button
- Click Privacy and Security > Windows Security> Device Security
- Click on Core Isolation to see more details
- The radio button “Memory Integrity” will be located on the next screen. Just turn it off.
You have successfully disabled VBS in Windows 11. Reddit users have reported that this has significantly improved performance for many of their games. This will result in a noticeable improvement of 20-30 frames per second.
Allow Game Mode
The Game Mode has seen significant improvements in Windows 11. We recommend disabling Game mode and the game bar in Windows 10. This option should be enabled in Windows 11.
Enable: Simply type game mode into search and enable it.
Use compatibility settings
Not all titles have been optimized yet for the new operating systems. This will change very soon. You can still use Windows’s built-in compatibility setting until then. To do so:
- Right-click on the app’s executable file
- Go to properties > Compatibility
- Select “Windows 10” under Compatibility mode
- Click on the “disable fullscreen optimizings” checkbox
- Close the box by clicking Apply.
Reddit users also suggested that you clean install Windows 11 rather than upgrading from Win 10. DX12-optimized games are benefiting while older ones are being affected.
Note Follow the tips before Windows 11 Section. Some of these tips also apply to newer operating systems.
This is it for Call of Duty: Vanguard performance and network issues. We hope this helps.