The Call of Duty Warzone Battle Royale Update just dropped today. It is now free to download. People who have the game already installed will need to download a 14GB upgrade, while those who do not have it will have to download approximately 150GB.
Update: The article has been updated with the latest methods to increase FPS in Caldera’s newer update. A new section has been added for Windows 11 users.
Warzone is an independent title and doesn’t require that you own the main game. This is great news for those looking for new games. There was a single mode that could be played by three players, but many more modes have been added. Season 2 updates bring Caldera Crash and Rebirth Island Iron Trials to the game. Bomber modes are also included. A search and deploy event will also be available.
This article will show you how to fix Call of Duty(COD) Warzone Battle Royale Lag Fix Stuttering issues. This issue has been reported to the developers by Reddit users. It should be resolved within a few hours or even days.
Warzone Lagging in Season 3
Modern Warfare System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 64bit (SP1) or Windows 10 64bit (1709 or later).
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k, AMD equivalent
- Video: Nvidia GeForce 2GB/GTX 1650 4GB, or AMD Radeon HD7950
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- HDD: 175GB HD Space
- OS: Windows 10 64 bit (latest Service Pack).
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k, or an AMD equivalent
- Video: Nvidia GeForce 970 4GB/GTX 1660 6GB, AMD Radeon 390/AMD RX 580
- RAM: 12GB RAM
- HDD: 175GB HD Space
Although the minimum requirements state that this game can be played on Windows 7, it is not recommended. Microsoft will cease supporting the older version its OS in 2020. Older versions have performance, security, compatibility and other issues. It also needs 175GB of space, so it appears that we are getting more content.
To run the game smoothly, your PC should be set at least halfway between the recommended settings. You might need to compromise on graphics and FPS if this is not the case.
Let’s move on to making the game run better for ourselves.
Modify the graphic card settings
These settings are for Nvidia and AMD graphics card users. Use them to get the best performance.
- Nvidia’s Control Panel is open. Right-click on desktop > click Nvidia control panel
- Click Manage 3D Settings > Programm Settings
- If the game is not on the list, you can manually add it by searching “COD”.
- Make the following changes now:
Monitor Tech GSync (If Available)
Maximum Pre-rendered Frames: 2
Threaded optimization On
Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
Texture Filtering- Quality: Performance
For AMD Users
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Anti-aliasing Method: Multisampling
- Morphological Filtering Off
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Use application settings
- Texture Filtering: Performance
- Surface Optimization
- Wait for V-sync: Off
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader cache: AMD optimized
- Tesselation mode: Use override to modify application settings
- Maximum Tesselation Level: Off
- GPU Workload Graphics
- Chill – Off
- Frame rate Target Control Disabled
These settings should be sufficient for you. You can also tweak the priority settings to increase your FPS. In the private beta access, I was able get constant 70-80 FPS. As this is the final public release, you can expect things to be a bit more furnished.
Update Device Drivers
Nvidia is well-known for pushing the most optimized updates to ensure that new games arrive, especially AAA titles. AMD is something I don’t know about because I have never used one. Here are the links to download the latest drivers.
- Nvidia Drivers. Download
- AMD Drivers Download
Update: Nvidia already has an optimization update available for this game. The update can be downloaded from Geforce Experience.
Fix Warzone Pacific Caldera Lagging in Windows 11
These steps apply only to Windows 11 users.
DISABLE CORE ISOATION ON WINDOWS 11.
Core Isolation, a new feature in Windows 11, protects your computer from untrusted drivers and applications. Performance is the tradeoff. This isn’t going to be an issue if you don’t download from untrusted websites.
How to disable it:
- Select settings by clicking on the Start Menu button
- Click Privacy and Security > Windows Security> Device Security
- Click on Core Isolation to see more details
- The radio button “Memory Integrity” will be located on the next screen. Just turn it off.
You have successfully disabled VBS in Windows 11. Reddit users have reported that this has significantly improved performance for many of their games. This will result in a noticeable improvement of 20-30 frames per second.
ENABLE GAME MODE
The Game Mode has seen significant improvements in Windows 11. We recommend disabling Game mode and the game bar in Windows 10. This option should be enabled in Windows 11.
Enable: Simply type game mode into search and enable it.
USE COMPATIBILITY SECTIONS
Not all titles have been optimized yet for the new operating systems. This will change very soon. You can still use Windows’s built-in compatibility setting until then. To do so:
- Right-click on the app’s executable file
- Go to properties > Compatibility
- Click the checkbox “Run this programme as an administrator”
- Click on the “disable fullscreen optimizings” checkbox
- Close the box by clicking Apply.
Reddit users also suggested that you clean install Windows 11 rather than upgrading from Win 10. DX12-optimized games are benefiting while older ones are being affected.
Notice: The tips in the Windows 11 section are still relevant. Some of these may also be applicable to the newer operating systems.
Call of Duty Warzone Stuttering Fix
Check your disk and memory usage in the task manager. You can close all non-window applications that are consuming your memory. If your computer is still slowing down and everything looks fine, you might wait for the hotfix update.
I recommend that you close all memory-hogging apps, such as Chrome.
Turn off Game Mode
Windows claims that Game mode optimizes all windows processes and windows updates. If you enable the game mode, it will allow you to run games while optimizing windows. This is not true. Game bar has been known to cause FPS issues. It’s best to disable it if you’re not using it. Shadowplay by Nvidia is better for recording game clips.
- Click Start > Settings > Gaming
- Set the Game Bar to “Record screenshots and game clips and broadcast using Gamebar” to off
- Go to the Captures tab and set the “Record my background while I play a game” option to Off.
- Finally, click on Game Mode tab to turn it off.
Tone Down Game Settings
For every game, it is best to reduce the settings if you feel like your game is slowing down. You can play around with the settings and reduce shadows and textures. This should improve your game.
This article will help you find the best settings to Warzone.
Disable Discord in-game overlay
If Discord is something you use, I recommend that you make some changes. Discord overlay is one such thing. It’s not something you really need all the time. The overlay is useless to me as I have a 2-monitor setup. It can cause FPS issues.
Disable Hardware Acceleration In Discord
- Open Discord
- Click on User Settings > Appearance
- Click on the Hardware Acceleration radio to turn it off.
Disable Discord In-Game Overlay
- Open Discord
- Under App Settings, go to Overlay
- This will disable it by clicking on the “Enable In-Game Overlay” button.
Increase Game Priority
This old-fashioned method boosts FPS in certain games. It does not affect the CPU relying Games.
- To open task manager, press CTLR + Shift + ESC
- Call of Duty: Right-click to go to details
- Right-click the.exe file of the process and change priority to “high”.
This will give your game priority over other windows applications, and it will also give you a boost.
The most recentupdates broke many games. Windows has released hotfixes to address those issues. If you’re using an older version Windows, I recommend that you upgrade to the latest version.
Windows also used a lot of RAM due to an update called Cortana. You just need to update.
Call of Duty Warzone BR Crashing Issue
If your game crashes, I recommend that you check for overclocking-related apps. MSI Afterburner and the Zotac Firestorm are responsible for 98% of the problems. The problem can be fixed by turning them off or reducing the overclocking settings.
Audio Desync and Cutscenes Lag
The game’s priority has been set to higher than normal by default, which causes the CPU usage to spike. This can also cause lags in discord and other apps.
- To open task manager, press CTLR + Shift + ESC
- Right-click on the game.exe file to access details
- Right-click the.exe file of the process and change priority to “normal”.
Fix RTX Not Working
Two reasons RTX mode may not work for you are blurred or simple. Let’s discover what these reasons are.
Windows 10 is older than 1809
RTX works only with Windows 10’s latest versions. If you have any issues, please update windows.
Find out what Windows version you have.
- Click Start > Settings > Systems > About > Open about settings
- Scroll down to find out which edition and version of Windows your Windows PC has.
Current version is 1903. You should update your windows machine immediately. The newer versions are safer and more optimized. An older version of Windows can lead to problems over the long-term.
Your graphics card is not compatible
RTX Mode can only be used with Nvidia’s supported graphics card. Sometimes, a supported graphic card may even have this issue. This happens only if your driver is very old. To fix it, you can update your Nvidia drivers.
Why is Warzone so laggy?
Your game may be slowing down due to network issues or low-end hardware. Bad hardware can be corrected by changing your graphic settings.
These are some things you can do to fix problems with Call of Duty Modern Warfare. If you found these helpful, please leave a comment below.