Like most streaming services, TNT is region-locked. This means that it’s only available in a specific country (in this case, the US). In fact, if you try to access TNT from outside of the US, you’ll be redirected to a version of the website that only lets you watch trailers, not full episodes. This means that if you leave the US, you won’t be able to stay up-to-date with your favorite shows.
The solution is quite simple: to watch TNT or any other American TV channels abroad, just connect to a VPN server in the US. This routes all of your network traffic through an American server, giving you a temporary local IP address, and tricking TNT into thinking you’re somewhere you aren’t. As a bonus, VPNs also encrypt your traffic, preventing your employer, Internet Service Provider, or government from seeing what you get up to online.
If you’re in a rush, you’ll find a quick rundown of the best VPNs for American TV below. Don’t worry; we’ll take a closer look at each of these services further down.
Best VPNs for watching TNT abroad
- ExpressVPN: Our top pick for streaming TNT abroad. ExpressVPN is fast, security-conscious, and capable of unblocking major streaming platforms from anywhere.
- CyberGhost: A beginner-friendly VPN with plenty of high-speed servers, a wide range of security features, and the ability to unblock TNT abroad.
- NordVPN: The best budget VPN for TNT. NordVPN offers high speeds, strong unblocking ability, and a wide range of security and privacy protections.
- IPVanish: With high speeds, a no-logs policy, and a strong focus on security, IPVanish is a strong choice for anyone looking to watch TNT from outside of the US.
- PrivateVPN: This service boasts particularly high speeds, excellent unblocking ability, a strict no-logs policy, and several advanced security features.
- Surfshark: A fast, privacy-first VPN with cutting-edge security features. Unblocks TNT abroad and allows an unlimited number of simultaneous connections.
- Hotspot Shield: A very fast service that easily unblocks TNT (and similar platforms) from abroad.
How to unblock TNT abroad with a VPN
Never used a VPN before? It’s actually quite simple to access geo-blocked platforms like TNT from abroad. Just follow the steps below:
- Start by signing up for one of the VPNs below. We particularly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Next, download and install the VPN app. There’ll be a few different versions so be sure to get the right one for your device.
- Log in and connect to a server in the US. If you’re allowed to select a specific city, New York and Los Angeles are usually good choices.
- Now visit the TNT website. While you can watch ten minutes of content for free, you’ll have to sign in for unlimited streaming. This requires a cable TV subscription, although you can also watch TNT via Sling TV, YouTube TV, or AT&T TV Now (all of which require you to have a payment method linked to a US address).
- Finally, try playing a video. If all goes well, you should now be watching TNT from abroad. If you have any issues, clear your browser’s cookies and then try again.
With dozens of different VPNs on the market, all claiming to be the best, it can be difficult to decide which is right for you. In our experience, the best VPNs tend to be the ones that are most versatile. To make sure you get a VPN that can handle almost anything, we only recommend services that fit all of the criteria below:
- Provides plenty of high-speed American servers
- Can unblock TNT and similar streaming services from abroad
- Keeps you safe using effectively uncrackable encryption and various other security features
- Does not log any personally identifiable information
- Offers apps for all of the most popular operating systems
Best VPNs for TNT
Read on to find out more about the best VPNs for watching TNT abroad:
ExpressVPN currently operates more than 3,000 servers throughout 94 countries including the US. What’s more, with reliable, high-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth, you’ll be able to stream free from any noticeable lag or buffering. As well as unblocking TNT, ExpressVPN lets you use platforms like Netflix US and Hulu, which means there are very few restrictions on what you can watch abroad.
This VPN uses 256-bit encryption and protection against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks, to keep your activities safe from prying eyes. There’s also a kill switch (called a “Network Lock”) that stops all data transferal whenever you lose your connection to the VPN unexpectedly. This service allows you to sign up almost completely anonymously using Bitcoin, but this is optional since ExpressVPN doesn’t log any data that could identify you. If you run into any problems, you can contact customer support 24/7 over live chat.
ExpressVPN apps are available for Linux, Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android. There’s also custom firmware to simplify the process of installing ExpressVPN on your router.
- Unblocks TNT and similar platforms from anywhere
- Fast, reliable speeds – streaming HD content or downloading/uploading large files
- Best in class security and privacy
- Pay anonymously with Bitcoin
- Power-users may find the advanced options limited
BEST VPN FOR TNT: ExpressVPN is our top choice for TNT. This service has strong unblocking ability and puts your privacy and security above all else without compromising on speed. Best of all, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee allowing you to try it risk-free.
CyberGhost is a fast, beginner-friendly VPN with around 1,000 servers in the US and more than 4,000 others spread across a further 80+ countries. This service is capable of unblocking popular streaming platforms like TNT, Netflix US, and All 4 from anywhere, and with unlimited bandwidth, you’re free to stream as much as you like. CyberGhost allows up to seven simultaneous connections, which is above average.
This service requires very little setup as all of its security features come pre-configured. These include an always-on kill switch (in every version), 256-bit encryption, an ad-blocker, and a malware-scanner, as well as DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. CyberGhost doesn’t record any personally identifiable information, but you can pay in Bitcoin for another layer of anonymity. This VPN is particularly easy to use but customer support is available 24/7 over live chat just in case.
CyberGhost provides apps for iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows. It can be manually installed on Linux-based systems and select internet routers.
- All security features enabled by default
- High speeds and strong unblocking ability
- Accepts Bitcoin
- Power-users may lament lack of advanced configuration options
NOVICE-FRIENDLY VPN: CyberGhost has thousands of high-speed US servers, making it easy to stream TNT abroad. It also offers a wide range of pre-configured security features, a no-logs policy, and a particularly generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN has around 5,000 servers in nearly 60 countries, and more than 1,500 in the US alone. As such, it’s easy to get a high-speed, low-latency connection, wherever you are. This service is known for its excellent unblocking ability, and it even works with stubborn platforms like Netflix, so TNT won’t pose a problem. NordVPN allows up to six simultaneous connections so you can stream TNT whether you’re at home or on the move.
This service is packed with powerful security features. For instance, it has 256-bit encryption, a customizable kill switch, and protection against IPv6, WebRTC, and DNS leaks. There’s also an ad-blocker, a malware-scanner, and special obfuscated servers for use in countries with especially strict online censorship. This service accepts three different cryptocurrencies, but you’re effectively untraceable however you pay, as NordVPN keeps no logs at all. Need help? Customer support is on hand over live chat 24/7.
NordVPN offers apps for Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, and Linux devices. It also works with network routers via manual installation.
- Excellent unblocking ability
- Excellent security and encryption standards
- Over 1,500 high-speed US servers
- Keeps no logs whatsoever
- Desktop app can be awkward to use, needs updating
BEST LOW-COST VPN: NordVPN is the best budget VPN for watching TNT abroad. With reliable high-speed connections, a no-logs policy, and several advanced security features, it’s ideal for anyone looking to stream safely. A 30-day money-back guarantee is included.
IPVanish has roughly 1,300 servers in 60+ countries including the US. With unlimited bandwidth, reliable high-speed connections, and the ability to unblock TNT from anywhere, you’ll always be able to watch in the highest possible quality. While many of its rivals allow six connections at most, IPVanish has a ten-connection limit, making it perfect for anyone looking to stream across several devices.
This VPN uses 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks to keep your traffic private at all times. It can also block local traffic entirely and scramble your OpenVPN traffic to hide the fact that you’re using a VPN at all. IPVanish has a strict no-logging policy, so there’s no need to worry about your activities being traced back to you. If you need help, you can reach customer support over live chat 24/7.
IPVanish apps are available for Windows, iOS, Android, and MacOS. You can configure this service to work with Linux systems and select routers.
- Use up to ten devices simultaneously
- Strong on privacy and security
- Good speeds for streaming
- Struggles to unblock larger streaming platforms
FAST, SECURE STREAMING: IPVanish is perfect for streaming on the go. It has a ten-connection limit, consistently high speeds, and powerful security features, as well as a zero-logs policy. This VPN even includes a seven-day money-back guarantee.
PrivateVPN might not have the largest network around (with roughly 150 servers in 60 countries) but it does provide higher speeds than many of its competitors. Additionally, this VPN unblocks streaming services many others struggle with, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu. PrivateVPN allows you to connect up to six devices at once.
This service goes all out to protect your privacy. There’s DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leak protection, a kill switch (desktop only), and 256-bit encryption, as well as the ability to scramble your traffic so you can bypass VPN blocking. PrivateVPN keeps no logs whatsoever, meaning it cannot reveal details of your activities even if asked to. If you’re concerned about privacy, there’s always the option to pay with Bitcoin. Live-chat support is available 22 hours per day and the staff can even remotely configure the software for you, with your permission.
PrivateVPN has apps for Windows, Android, MacOS, and iOS. Manual configuration is required for use with Linux-based systems or network routers.
- One of the fastest VPNs around
- Zero-logs provider
- Exceptional unblocking capabilities
- Doesn’t have 24/7 live chat
- Fewer servers to choose from than other providers higher on this list
VERY HIGH SPEEDS: PrivateVPN is a very fast service that takes your privacy seriously. It keeps no logs whatsoever, unblocks TNT without any problems, and offers various advanced security features. All plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark currently offers access to around 1,000 servers in 60 countries including America. This service is a strong choice for anyone looking to stream as it’s fast enough for uninterrupted playback and capable of unblocking platforms like Netflix US, Sling TV, and of course, TNT, from abroad. Best of all, this service has no connection limit, so you can secure every device you own with a single account.
This VPN secures your traffic using 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. That’s not all, though: it also has a built-in ad-blocker, a malware-scanner, and a NoBorders feature designed to bypass country-wide internet restrictions. Surfshark doesn’t log any personally identifiable information, although you can always pay with Bitcoin, Ripple, or Ethereum for even greater privacy. Live chat-based customer support is available 24/7 should you run into any difficulty.
Surfshark provides apps for Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, and Android. This service can be manually installed on select internet routers.
- No limit on number of devices connected
- Fast enough for streaming live TV without any issues
- Takes privacy and security very seriously
- Some slow speeds
- Server network is smaller than most other VPNs
STREAM TNT ANYWHERE: Surfshark has fast speeds, decent unblocking ability, and no connection limit, making it ideal for streaming. It also boasts strong security and privacy credentials. This VPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
7. Hotspot Shield
Hotspot Shield has over 3,000 servers across 70+ countries worldwide. This service is perfect for streaming thanks to its exceptionally high speeds and strong unblocking ability; in fact, as well as TNT, you’ll be able to use platforms like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video. This service permits up to five simultaneous connections.
It also includes several advanced security features. There’s 256-bit encryption for a start, plus IPv6 and DNS leak protection, split tunneling functionality, and automatic wifi protection. Finally, a kill switch ensures you’ll never have to stream unprotected again. Hotspot Shield doesn’t store any identifiable details once your session is over. This VPN’s apps are very easy to use but 24/7 live chat-based support is available just in case.
Hotspot Shield has apps available for Android, iOS, Windows, and MacOS.
- Fast, reliable speeds
- Decent security features
- Excellent unblocking potential
- No Linux support
- Some past privacy concerns
FLAWLESS LIVE STREAMING: Hotspot Shield not only unblocks TNT abroad, it offers high-speed connections that let you watch free from buffering or lag. Better still, it also offers strong security features and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Can I watch TNT online with a free VPN?
Free VPNs can be appealing at first glance, but scratch below the surface and there are several significant problems. First, despite attracting more users than paid VPNs, they often have fairly small server networks. This leads to major network slowdown and could mean that you’re unable to even browse properly, nevermind stream. Further, free VPNs are often the first to be blacklisted by streaming platforms so even if you get decent speeds, you still might not be able to watch TNT online.
More importantly, free VPNs don’t always improve your security. In fact, a recent study found that almost 40 percent of surveyed apps contained malware and 18 percent used no encryption whatsoever. While paid services usually strive to keep your data private, free VPNs offer no such guarantees. In fact, they may even be selling details of your activities to advertisers without your knowledge.
Using a VPN with a no-logs policy and a history of putting its users’ privacy first is the best way to protect yourself online.
What can I watch on TNT?
TNT allows users to watch a wide range of movies and TV shows, both live and on-demand. Below, you’ll find some of this network’s most popular titles:
- AEW: Dynamite
- NCIS: New Orleans
- The Alienist
- I Am the Night
- Good Behaviour